Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Monday, August 2, 2010

Everything Changin' at Eleven Months!

Ok, so you hear everyone tell you over and over and over that "your baby will change so quickly", "time flies", or "don't blink or they will be grown" and for many years I half-heartedly listened and agreed. But, you can classify that with all the other "You don't get it till you experience it" things because IT IS TRUE! I can't believe that Dylan Thomas is 11 months old! Everything is changing in our world. We are seeing signs of a 'BIG BOY' at our house instead of a baby. He will ALWAYS be our baby, but he is becoming so much more independent. Examples below:
His new favorite place to play is inside this basket in our den. He can climb in and climb out all by himself. Oh, did I mention CLIMB??!!!!!!!!!!! He apparently has inherited his long legs and need for scaling things from me! He climbs onto the fireplace hearth, into the recliner, and my sister and I stared in amazement last week as he pulled out the bottom drawer of our chest to get a foot rest and began to CLIMB the chest of drawers. Really?! I can't leave this blue-eyed beauty alone for 2 seconds!We have graduated to ALL table foods! Once he got a taste of the "real" stuff, he was hooked. The only thing I can feed him from a spoon these days is yogurt. He likes hamburger, pickles, rice and veggies, grilled chicken, pot roast (yes, I said pot roast!), cheese ravioli, and FRUIT! The only fruit I have found so far that he won't eat is cantaloupe. He prefers toast for breakfast with butter and cinnamon. Yummy, right?! I have to admit I love the table food age. Now, when he eats I can eat too! I just have to make sure he doesn't have too much in front of him or it will all end up in his mouth!

On a side note, he puts anything and everything in his mouth. The smallest piece of string not even visible to my eyes, he finds and crams it in there! I have been bit on several occasions while trying to pry that mouth open to retrieve something! I did catch the orange crayon before it was too late :-(
Not sure about the pickle:

This was so much fun to watch. Instead of spoon-feeding him rice and veggies, I just poured it out on his tray and let him have at it. He had the best time! More definitely ended up on the floor than inside his tummy!You can't beat little messy baby hands! Enjoying our baby pool outside. Dylan played in the shade and I tried to catch a few rays. He has 1000's of facial expressions. I believe he gets those from.....oh yeah, ME!!!We now have locks on all the cabinets and drawers. This picture was pre-locks. One morning, I just let him have at it in our bathroom. He played for probably 30 minutes with my "travel" accessories. A kid in a candy store!

Other exciting changes:

We are working on our 1st molar. It is partially through.

He points at what he wants. It's a 3 finger point: his thumb, pointer, and middle fingers. :-)

The jibber-jabber is NON-STOP! He repeats after us, most of which in his own little language, but it is so much fun!

He can repeat these words after we say them:

Da-da, Ma-ma, and Bye-bye :-) but he also thinks it is really funny to repeat da-da even if you are trying to get him to say one of the other words. Such a pistol! ;)

When Jonathan gets home from work, he starts saying "Ne-ne" which is Nelli. He knows that Jonathan is going to take him outside to play with Nelli and feed her. :)

We are working on saying bible and dog right now.

He is still taking 2 naps a day. He has gotten into a pretty good routine with them and will sleep for at least an hour at a time, but he has cut the nighttime sleep down a little bit. He sleeps 10 to 10 1/2 hours instead of 11.

He is getting so brave at standing up by himself. He will stand there and look at me like "What's next, Mom?" I have to believe those first steps are around the corner.

He has a little bit of "stinker" in him already: telling us no-no, trying to bite when he doesn't get his way, but that's all apart of learning and growing up, I guess! He is such a joy.

Thanks for making in through this long post! I probably could write even more, but I need to go get a few more things done while Dylan naps!

1 comments:

Lana Summitt

I have LOVED your 3 posts today! I'm glad he stopped climbing long enough to let you do them! :) Haha. Can't wait to hear him tell me, "Bye bye". I may just say that the whole time we are together next time just to hear him say it! Sweet Boy!

Post a Comment