First, my heart is pretty big, but a huge slice of it belongs to this two and a half year old! Everyday is not perfect. Actually, lately time out is a constant thing, but I realize much of it is age and a bit of jealousy over baby brother. He has started testing us lately which means I really have to be consistent as the rule enforcer. It. Is. Hard. But last night I remembered it is all worth it. I watched that sweet angel face sleeping soundly in his bed and my heart just grew a bit more.
Dylan, at 2 and a half, you:
-are constantly asking questions!
-have discovered your sweet tooth like Mommy (oops)!
-still love to play outside more than anything! You love the park, zoo, Daddy's office with all those power tools, and the creek down our street!
-want to watch Diego, Mickey, or Jake the pirate during cartoon time.
-have an imagination that is off the charts!
-love getting into "character" these days. Example: you are pirate Jake and Mommy is captain Hook and I have to take something from you and you get it back!
-finally name your colors correctly!
-are learning how to whisper during church!
-have your own little change pouch that you use when it is time to give money to Jesus. You love dropping money in the basket!
-have nicknamed your brother "Cale-bee" You call him this or baby and you LOVE him so much!
-told me on Valentine's Day that you wanted to give your little craft heart to Jesus :)
-asked if we could do my prayer stick one morning because you wanted to say thank you God for Mommy :)
-don't weigh very much but your size 2T pants are high waters!
-are beginning to learn how to make words plural. It is so fun to watch you learn! Examples: you's, mouse's
-love to say "that's a good idea!"
-love seeing Miss Alison for a haircut!
-love paint, play-doh, carrots with ranch, applesauce squeezers, I Spy books, sports, and mud. SUCH A BOY!
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Saturday, February 25, 2012
It's hard to believe that our baby boy is already 4 months old! He has brought so much added joy to our family. Dylan is STILL over the moon for his "baby"!
Caleb, here are your milestones at 4 months old:
1. You weigh 15 lbs. 6 oz.! Wow-wee! What a growing boy! Your brother didn't weigh this till he was 6 months old! Mommy loves your chubby cheeks, chin, and thighs!
2. You really have taken to your jungle gym! You started using both hands to reach up and hit the toys on it 2-10-12!
3. You can mimic a lizard tongue after Mommy shows you how! 1-30-12
4. You rolled over from your belly to your back at nap time! It is more like a push off with your legs! So cute! 2-17-12 You are trying so hard to flip from your back to front, but you get stuck on that arm!
5. You sat in the Bumbo for the first time 1-23-12, but are just now getting the hang of it! You get tired quickly! It is hard to hold that head up!
6. You LOVE to spit bubbles!
7. You make a cute little spitting noise that sounds like the "q" sound!
8. You stay awake during Sunday morning Bible Class and absolutely love the singing! You kick your legs in excitement!
9. You were a part of the Celebration of Life Sunday at church 1-29-12
10. You sleep for an 8 hour stretch at night! You have made it 10 hours twice! That means you are ready to eat around 4a.m. still, but you go back to sleep usually until 7:30 or 8a.m. You nurse 5 times a day! Bedtime is at 7:45p.m.
11. Mommy spent my first night away from you on 2-10-12. You tried to protest taking your bottle, but Daddy won, and you took them like a champ. What can I say, you LOVE your Mommy!
12. Mommy and Daddy spent our first night away from you on 2-17-12. Pop and Mawmaw came to you house and stayed with you and Dylan! You did great for them and took your bottle like a champ!
|Watching your mobile!|
|Love that quirky smile!|
|Sweet sweet baby!|
Thursday, February 23, 2012
|Love our two boys!|
We had a special Valentine's Day! Last year, we decided that instead of going out and fighting crowds, we would celebrate as a family! It was a great decision, and we celebrated Caleb's FIRST Valentine's day! Daddy surprised Dylan with a Superhero box of chocolates and pretty red roses for Mommy. We did some crafting with finger paint, and foam Valentine stickers. I attempted to turn our taco ring for supper into a taco heart. It still looked more like a circle. :) That is one of Jonathan's favorite meals right now! Here are my little sweethearts. I LOVE them more than I ever could have imagined!
|Chicks dig me! (he picked it out :)|
|Owl be your valentine!|
|Sweet baby hands.|
|Big boy hands. Gulp :)|
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Thursday, February 9, 2012
Dylan has been going to storytime at our local library for a while now! My sister started him in the program while I was on bed rest with Caleb. She took him every Wednesday! He loved having special Aunt Carole time and still gets it some! I have enjoyed the few times I have been able to go with him, too! I love to see those wheels turning as he sings songs, listens to Miss Nicole read stories, and does special crafts. This week, the focus was on Valentine's Day. He made his love bug for his Daddy. He loves to pick out new "li-bary" books every week, and a DVD too. He even has a cool Mickey mouse bag, made by Aunt Carole, to carry his books in! Cheers to learning!
Friday, February 3, 2012
We have had an unseasonably warm February! After the boys got over all the sickness (double ear infections for both boys was the end), we took advantage of the weather and played outside! You would have thought Dylan had not been outside in years! We played on the swing set, went for a Sunday afternoon stroller ride, threw rocks in the creek, and enjoyed the morning at the zoo with Mawmaw! (2-2-12). I know the prediction calls for 6 more weeks of winter, but I think spring is on its way! Or at least WE all hope so!