Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Wait, I'm NOT Supermom?

I had a conversation with my bestie this week. It is prompting this post. If you know me well, you know I'm not very open, or excited about change, but I'm hoping another Mommy reading this will feel a little relief when they realize:

Alert:YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE SUPERMOM!

After having baby number 2, life as a stay at home mom got way more hectic. I expected some of it. But y'all, it was hard! I found myself mentally and physically exhausted pretty much daily! We got in a nice routine but I still felt a huge burden because I couldn't get it all done in the day. My list was: happy boys, laundry, supper, clean house, and a smile on my face and I couldn't make it all happen. This led to me feeling like I was failing at my job. So I guess you could say i was on auto pilot.

I didn't want to tell anyone I felt like I wasn't cutting it because I thought it was just me! So, a God thing happened. My bestie just brought it up. She said, you know you don't have to be Supermom. You are not the only one that has felt overwhelmed. You are raising an almost 3 year old and a baby! We had discussed all this before but I needed to hear it again! Whew! Big exhale! What a relief! It's okay not to be able to do it all! I know it will get easier when I'm not nursing, pumping, helping a boy potty, changing diapers, etc.. But I want to enjoy this stage too because it brings joyous memories I cherish!

So, I just wanted this "blogger" world to know I'm relaxing a little. I'm doing things with my boys. I'm enjoying all of Caleb's new firsts and Dylan's new adventures. I'm busy. I have good days and bad ones. Laundry, supper, and stuff will and DO get done. I'm blessed to stay home because it was my dream and I love it! So I'm doing the best I can being just Mom, no super needed.

2 comments:

Kelli Kegley

RACHEL!!!! Seriously, I have a post scheduled for tomorrow morning about almost the exact same thing!!!! Girl, we are not alone! I have seen it all around me lately and I just feel like God is screaming at me to STOP! Enjoy the blessing of family that I have given you and for Pete's sake. Won't you just ask Me for help already?!?!

And now you posting the exact thing?! I hear you, God!!!

Lana Summitt

I know 2 boys who think you are super mom! Love you!

Post a Comment