Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

New Stages....

Dylan and I enjoyed some chalk time while Caleb was napping.  I suggested that we draw pumpkins.  He has always loved chalk, so much more than crayons/markers/etc.  It probably runs a close second to painting.  I was so excited when I realized how well he was drawing!  He made a great circle, and even added eyes, nose and a mouth to his pumpkin.  He drew a Daddy pumpkin and a baby pumpkin (in blue).  He also drew very LONG pumpkin stems.  They reached all the way to the street and curved back around towards the garage.  He really thought that was funny!  He is learning new things and I am so proud of him!   Way to work hard, Dylan!   

 We have also hit the question....WHY????  He asks this question 234,765 times a day!  Here are a few examples as of lately:
"Why did God make trees with leaves and God make trees without leaves?"
"Why is Jesus in heaven?"
"Why did Daddy go to work?"
"Why is it time to eat lunch?"
"Why can't we take my bicycle in the house?"
The list goes on and on.  Pretty much with any conversation we have, he asks the question WHY.  I do my best to give him answers, but sometimes I can't even think of one!  Like today when I decided we would go to see Daddy Vell and Uncle Larry before we went down to the church building, he follows up with WHY?! Ha!  Just what I thought would be best! ;) I enjoy it because I know that is how he learns, but I tell ya, sometimes I just laugh!  Apparently, I asked my parents 234,765 questions a day, too.  So, he comes by it honest.
I LOVE his curiousity, his ability to remember the smallest of details from months ago, and his little mind that works and works all day long!  CHEERS to enjoying my three year old, his growing mind, and all the new stages!

0 comments:

Post a Comment