Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Thursday, July 18, 2013

First Fireworks!

We spent the morning at Nana & Pawpaw's house.  The boys played golf, jumped in the bouncy house, and Caleb spent tons of time in the sandbox.  He LOVES the sandbox!!!
 oh...and Dylan loves him some watermelon!
A little time at the park....

 And their first ever experience of fireworks AND staying up late.  We took baths and headed out to the golf course around 8:00.  I couldn't believe how well Caleb was doing since he is in the bed at 7:30 each night.  I'm not sure who enjoyed themselves more, us, or the boys.


 Jonathan and I found total and complete joy just watching their faces.  I loved seeing their sweet smiles and the "awe" in their expressions.  I also loved seeing the light of the fireworks "light" up their sweet baby faces.  Call me a sentimental mom, but it was truly something I don't think that we will forget.  At one point, Dylan laid down on his stomach and propped himself up on his hands to watch.  Then, Caleb did the exact same thing (with blankie and papi, of course).  On several occasions, Dylan came up to us and hugged or necks and said, "Thank you so much for bringing me to the fireworks."  Mission.  Accomplished.  They were both asleep in seconds in the car and both slept in a bit.  It took Dylan till about lunch to recover I think.  He was a zombie and even had a low grade fever.  Then after lunch he was fine.  I'm not sure what that was all about, but I think it may just be because his body had NEVER been up that late!  And he may just be like his Mama, and not do well with late nights! That wouldn't hurt my heart one bit.  This night was truly a "treasure."  I am documenting it all so that I won't ever forget what we all felt.  But I am pretty sure it's something this Mama will remember (sans blog post) forever!

 Here they are looking up at the fireworks:

0 comments:

Post a Comment