Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Monday, March 3, 2014

Our first 10k! {EPIC!}

Jonathan and I have been training the past few months for our first 10k. It was part of the Little Rock Marathon. We are easing ourselves into this running gig and actually learning that we enjoy it! I think Jonathan has been most surprised that he likes it! 
The conditions were horrible! It was about 55 at start time but quickly dropping to 40 as the race began! It was also raining and windy! How's that for our first race together! 
I could see him in front of me for about 3 miles, then I lost him. He did great! His splits were awesome and he is ready to train for the half marathon next year! 
My splits were not my best, but I finished strong, running the entire race and kicking it up the last 1/2 mile. 
It was "epic" to do this together. I love doing things with him. I never thought I would be running 6.2 miles in a race and thinking ahead to the half marathon (13.1) next year! It's a great way to stay in shape, and I love how much our boys enjoy seeing us active! 
Here's to continuing to let the running bug "bite" us as we keep on going!

0 comments:

Post a Comment