Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Bye, Bye, Dearest Papi....


Our dear friend, papi, has finally been removed from our house.  It was nothing short of extremely traumatic for him, and really for me as his Mommy.  I felt like I was stealing his comfort.   I loved seeing how my sweet Caleb drifted off to sleep with the papi upside down, which is how he preferred it.  I went about getting rid of it just like we did with Dylan.  For a few days, I definitely second guessed this decision, but it ended up alright.  We gathered all of his papis and "mailed" them to our sweet friend, Tessa.  She's still young and we decided she still needs them.  In return, Tessa "mailed" back a big boy toy for the new big boy and his achieved milestone.  Caleb was -all in- for this, until we had to take the last papi out of his mouth and stick it with the others.  I physically had to pry it out of his mouth as he wailed and screamed and pleaded to keep "just one." (See, I wasn't kidding about the trauma).
Naptime wasn't too bad because I rocked him to sleep.  Bedtime was a different story.  He cried for 2 hours in his bed.  He said, "I want my papi's back!" "I can't hold my blankie over my face without my papi."  "I don't want my big boy toy."  And so on for t-w-o- hours.  Daddy and Mommy were very calm and patient.  Daddy tried to rock him a bit, but that wasn't working.  I finally rocked him to sleep.  The second night was another struggle for two hours, but he didn't have to be rocked this time around.  The next evening and the next just got easier and easier.  Now, he doesn't even ask for it anymore.  Occasionally, he laughs about Tessa needing those papi's because she cries.  And then we move on.  I can't believe what a big boy he is becoming.  Another milestone is behind us, and each day I realize how blessed I am to be the mom to these two boys.
The love started out young.
See, the upside down thing.  His thing.  Love him. 
Realizing what was happening. 
 Getting ready for send off. 
 His new BIG BOY cement mixer!
Thankful and proud of this big boy and his accomplishment.  It's a BIG one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment