Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's A Hard Knock Life...

for us!! Since Dylan is now mobile, we have been experiencing so many bumps on the head. In an earlier post, I did mention his first big boo-boo. Well, in the one week since he has began to crawl and pull-up, I believe the grand total of injuries is at least four. And ALL to that sweet head! I can be sitting right next to him while he pulls up on the table or crawls to a new toy, and I STILL can't keep it from happening! I do believe I am experiencing a lifetime of the phrase "You hurt when your kids hurt". I always heard my mom saying that even as an adult. If I was sad, she was always sad with me. Not that I didn't believe her, but I did think she was making too big of a deal about it. NOW I GET IT! Each time I feel responsible and sad! I will say Dylan is one tough cookie. The big boo-boos do produce serious pain and tears, but the minor stuff like bumping his head on toys doesn't phase him. What a tough, strong boy! I'm sure these injuries will pale in comparison to those to come in the future. BUT, it is still a big deal to this Mommy right now. Part of raising up boys = a hard knock life!

1 comments:

Tera Floyd

Oh girl, and so it begins. You are a wonderful mommy!! Porter falls on an everyday basis and it is true, you wish you could catch them in time... but they learn to get back up when they fall and that is a wonderful thing to learn. He will make it and be one tough cookie, like you say. It is hard though, especially when you see bruises!! You are doing a great job!!!

Post a Comment