Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Saturday, October 13, 2012

It's the Simple Things

Happiness is...
 Acorns.  Squirrels.  The Outdoors.  
Dylan learned about squirrels and acorns at Mother's Day Out this past week.  He was proud of his acorn that he found on their walk!  So much so, that we searched for acorns the next morning while Caleb took his morning nap.  The teacher in me gets so fired up when those "teachable moments" continue way past their starting point!  My big boy loves to be outside.

Happiness is...
The comfort of knowing your child is being nurtured.
Dylan is doing so well in his Mother's Day Out Program.  When I decided on this one, I went with my mother's instinct and I am so happy that I did.  My sister says a mother's instinct is God nudging you in the right direction.  I would like to think that is true!  Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Alisa nurture my baby to pieces.  They hug him, tell him "I Love You" and take care of him from 9-2, two days a week.  Ladies, if you ever make it to this blog, know that you are very special to our family.  Honestly, it has built our mother-son relationship already.  He LOVES his school, and I get to spend time with the baby one-on-one.  I am also ready and excited to go pick him up and hear about his day!

Happiness is...
A good nap.

If you venture back to one of my previous posts here, you will see that Dylan has struggled for a while with naps.  I was pretty certain that he would not nap at Mother's Day Out.  He naps for me at home great, and he will nap at my mom's house, but I wasn't so convinced.  Well. I am so proud to say that Dylan is taking naps at MDO!  AND, he is falling asleep by himself, no rocking needed!  Let's just say, this Mommy's heart was jumping for joy!  And when I picked him up, he was SO proud of himself.  That made it even better!  I think he feels comfortable and that is why he does so well!  Mrs. Kelly was pretty proud of him too!


It's the simple things.
Acorns.  Squirrels.  Nurturing.  A good nap. 
I'm going to relish in the simple, happy things in life.
Care to join me?



0 comments:

Post a Comment