Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Monday, May 6, 2013

18 months

Some say eyes are the window to the soul.  This little "soul searcher" definitely has us all caught up in his piercing dark blue eyes!  Pretty crazy to think that we are 6 months away from our baby being 2 years old!
First sentence: "Whea papi go?" (Where papi go?) You asked Mommy and Mawmaw.
Other new words and phrases:
"Nigh nigh ba-bee" (night night baby)
"bo-ken" (broken)
"Pickey" (Mickey Mouse)
"Pu-toe" (Pluto)
"Cack cack" (for Donald Duck)
"swi sweam" (ice cream)
"bapes" (grapes)
"bu-ee" (bunny)
"gi-af" (giraffe)
"Thoooom" (Tom)
"woking" (working)
You love to ask for "Thom".  He is our friend that helped one entire week trying to solve our drainage problem in the backyard.  And he did!  Ever since then, you ask for him when we go outside.  Sometimes you say "Thooom woking" or "Thooom home".  Cracks us up. 

You will try and repeat anything we say.  I love listening to how your words come out and how you think so hard before you try and say them!  
You loved running the jets in the bathtub.  You squealed and played in the "bubbles".
Your most favorite thing right now is to cut fruit!  You run in the playroom and say, "cut, cut"! You love to velcro the fruit together and use your wooden knife to cut them apart again.  You can sit and do this for a very long time!
You love to climb.  I still think your brother has you beat, but you run a close second!
You also love the inflatable swords from Nana & Pawpaw, but it doesn't hold a candle to the "bacuum" (vacuum).  You love your little vacuum, but have a crazy fascination for the real one.  I have had to put the door locks on the closet so you don't pull out the vacuum every second!  When Daddy gets home from work, he holds you and you vacuum the floors together.  Every.  Day.  
Other happenings:
-You can stack your chunky soft blocks 4 high!
-You are cutting your eye teeth.  Boo....
-You like to walk backwards.
-You love to find the "hidden" things in books.  Your Usborne books, Find the Puppy  and That's Not my Puppy  both have hidden animals in them and you love to point them out.  Especially the little mouse!
-You have started singing a lot!  You can sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".  Mommy hopes to have it on video soon!

Stats: 22lbs7oz

I continue to be enamored by your sweet spirit.  I love that you love me the most.  I love that you have a sweet little birthmark on your right upper arm.  I love the way your room smells just like YOU and no one else.  I love that you call Aunt Carole "Mawmaw" even though you can say her name perfect.  I love that you are ticklish most on your sides down by your belly button.  I love that you are a wee bit pigeon toed and HATE wearing shoes that don't lace up.  I love that you wake up just like me,  grumpy, and you need a few minutes to get it all together. I love that you have your Daddy's hands. They look just the same. I can already tell they are going to be very big and wide.  I love that no matter how many times I "trim" your hair, you never lose those sweet curls at the nape of your neck and behind your ears. I love that you would still rather drink from a sippy cup with handles than without.  I love that you repeat any noise or movement that your brother makes.  I love that you would rather be "ough-sigh" than anywhere else and that you DO NOT like to swing! 
WE ALL love you to the moon and back sweet boy!

1 comments:

Kelli Kegley

He is so sweet! He does have the most soulful eyes!!!

The vacuuming?? You hit the jackpot, there! ;)

Post a Comment