Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mommy's Weekend!

What a great Mother's Day weekend! Daddy cooked a great breakfast Saturday morning after letting me sleep in! Then we headed down to the local farmers market. We stocked up on strawberries, watermelon, zucchini, and squash! Yum! The weather was perfect so we took Dylan's bike and rode across one of the river bridges. He was so excited to do this! We watched boats zoom under us, and got to see a canoe race! Caleb kept saying "a boat" and "wadoo"! We finished off the morning with Chick-fil-a at Dylan's request, then home for some little boy naps.
We took my mom to dinner Saturday night. It was a great time. Saddle Creek did not disappoint, especially the desserts! Then we let the boys run a little at the pavilion. 
We love our Mawmaw!
He loves chocolate cake just like me!
And this little one enjoyed some creme brûlée!
My two blessings. I am definitely not using that phrase lightly. I seem to reflect on the fact that I was lucky to be pregnant and have these boys when we weren't ever sure I would be able to carry even one! The years, prayers, doctors, and tears were all worth it. I feel like the Lord was incredibly faithful and once again blessed me better than I could have imagined. God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good. 
Nana and Pawpaw came over for lunch.  We grilled chicken and had fresh fruit salad.  The weather was perfect. 
 The boys played outside, we listened to music, ate lunch with the backdoor open, and enjoyed family time.  It was one of those times where everything seems "right".  I'm thankful for times like that.  I got to take a nap while my little boys napped, too.  Woohoo!  It was a fabulous Mother's Day weekend.  I'm thankful for a husband that has made it all possible.  We wouldn't be the family we are today without him!  Here is to mothers around the world.  It does not matter what your story is on how you "became" a mom, just remember to embrace it all.  Breathe through the challenging times, and soak up those moments that all is "right" in the world.  That's what I am trying to teach myself.  Be patient.  Remember that these stages will be gone in the blink of an eye.    

1 comments:

Lana Summitt

Love this post and you! Thank you for being a great example to me of what a mommy should be!

Post a Comment