Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Time to be thankful...

 It's kind of easy to remember to be thankful when you are teaching your children to pray and to use manners.  But it also is pretty easy to get caught up in the everyday mundane and forget to thank God for your blessings.  So, here is my "short" list:
  • I am so very thankful for my husband and best friend, the man I have called mine now for over 13 years.  He is my rock who loves me unconditionally and accepts me for ME.  
  • I am thankful for my eldest, who made me a momma.  His joyous personality is contagious.
  •  I am thankful for my youngest, who loves me to the moon and back and likes being right by my side.
  • I am also super thankful for my parents who raised me in a Christian home, my awesome in-laws, my sister (who doubles as a best friend) and our extended family as well.
  • We are blessed with a host of friends that have been with us through some sad times and a whole lot of happy ones.
  • I am thankful for my church family and a place that my boys love to go to learn and grow in Christ.
  • I am thankful for a Savior who is patient, righteous and ever-present.  I am thankful that He gives me a whole measure of grace that I most certainly need. 

A few scriptures to reflect on:
"I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving." Psalm 69:30
"But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  To him be glory both now and forever. Amen!" 2 Peter 3:18
"Give, and it will be given to you.  A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap.  For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
Luke 6:38
Happy Thanksgiving, ya'll!

0 comments:

Post a Comment