Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Thursday, January 29, 2015

January Smatterings

I'm back to attempting to blog at least monthly and then when we do fun individual things as well. Here's what an unseasonably warm January has looked like around our house:

It started out pretty chilly this month. They got to wear their hats I bought at the street fair in New York City. 
We spent a lot of days in our jammies playing board games. Caleb loves "The Sneaky Snacky Squirrel"!
I was entertained with a puppet show while Caleb napped. He has started setting up "stations" for us to go to during Caleb's naps. 
This was another "station". I taught him how to play Old Maid, Slap Jacks, and Go Fish. 
Caleb filled up his bedtime sticker chart and got to go to Daddy's construction site and ride the equipment. I would like to say this totally solved our "getting out of bed at bedtime and yelling 1000s times for Mommy" problem, but the struggle is still real. We have good and bad "bedtimes" these days. 
Dylan celebrated his buddy, Hoover, turning 5! He had a blast with all the BOYS! 
Our preschool wing at church just received a major renovation. It's now called Levy's Little Ones. It's breathtaking. It showcases all things that God made. There are so many textures and things to touch. My pictures don't do it justice. 
Dylan celebrated the 100th day of school. He took 100 buttons to class. 
Caleb filled up another weeks worth of stickers and got to return to Daddy's construction site. This time, he helped drive the dump truck. Love this shot of my boys. 
This one. He's started giving himself new names depending on what he is doing. Most days he is "Collin", the deer hunter or the football player. Other days he is "A.J." like the boy on Blaze and the Monster Machines. He told me one day, "I'm not A.J anymore, I just want to be Caleb William Rogers. He's fun. He's a 3 year old turkey. He has my heart. 

I continue my half marathon training. I'm happy with how my times are shaping up. I'm excited to do the race, but then slack off from the 5 days of running a week. I'm gonna start a new exercise program and then run one day a week. 
Caleb had his admission interview for CAC Pre-K 3 next year. He passed. (Haha). I am going to be so lost on Tuesdays and Thursdays next year when they are both at school! Yikes. He can't wait to go. But because he is my baby, I keep remembering the title to the children's book "Let me Hold You Longer" by Karen Kingsbury. It seems I blink my eyes and .....
This boy has read the first set of 12 BOB books. That was the Beginning Reader set and Mawmaw picked up the next set for us to start! We are so proud of our little reader. Short vowel "e" trips him up a bit, but he's doing so great! He loves to read so much. 
We have had a string of warm days. We spent one afternoon at the zoo with our friends! The kiddos were running around like crazy. I think they were all so excited to be out! We are headed to the park this afternoon and then the last few days of the month are supposed to be cold and rainy! Thanking God for the sun we've had. It does a body good. Especially this Mommy with 2 busy boys! 
Beau and Caleb. Buddies.  Can't wait to see them grow up together.  (that hand...)











0 comments:

Post a Comment