Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

One fish, two fish, red fish, Dylan fish!

Dylan started swim lessons this summer!  We gave it a shot last summer, but, being only 2, he wasn't ready.  This summer he couldn't wait!  We have had 3 lessons with Ms. Amy so far, and she is great!  He is very brave as long as he has his floaties on.  He will jump off of the side, put his head under the water, swim on his back, and paddle/kick for days.  But, he still isn't always sure about taking those floaties off.  Ms. Amy's one rule is: no floaties in the pool during swim lesson.  After taking him in the pool with me several times on vacation, he has really started being more confident without those floaties.  He loves using his kickboard and I think that by the end of the summer he will be doing pretty good on his own!  Sometimes I am afraid I put to much pressure on him to grow up to fast.  I don't want us to be the parents that are pushing him to do tons of things at such a young age.  I want him to enjoy being a "kid" for a while.  I think that is why I have been pretty laid back with the whole swimming thing.  I mean, it's kinda like pacifiers and potty training.  Not like he's gonna go to college with 'em.  He's a brave boy and fearless when it comes to most things, so I know he will get this swimming thing down....in his time.

Here Dylan is getting super brave with Mommy! No floaties and using his kickbaord to swim! 

Videos:
1. Swimming lesson with Ms. Amy
2. Swimming with Mommy on vacation
His confidence is building so quickly!  Very proud of this boy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment