Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Friday, March 20, 2009

16 weeks checkup

Wow! I never get tired of hearing that sweet little heartbeat. Everything went great yesterday at our OB checkup. I was big enough that she could measure me, and the doppler picked up the heartbeat the SECOND she stuck it on my tummy. I guess baby Rog is growing!!!!! We scheduled our big ultrasound with the radiologist to measure everything and find out the sex of the baby. It is APRIL 9. That is only 3 weeks away. We can't hardly wait! :) Our in-laws ordered us our travel system stroller and base from Chicco. We love it for a boy or girl. I have been having ligament pains on my side and back. Dr. Deed said that was just everything growing.

Our baby stroller!

Fun facts about baby Rog right now:

* the baby is palm-size, 5 inches & 5 ounces

* sharpening the skill of sucking & swallowing

* heartbeat 153 to 160

* eyes and ears are in the right spot

* felt the first flutters ( feels like butterflies in your tummy) this past Monday night!:)

5 comments:

Janell

This makes my heart fill with joy! Pray for Baby Rog everyday as well as Mom and Dad! Thanks for starting this blog - love to hear the updates. Love you guys!

Anonymous

That makes me cry! How sweet! I'm so happy for you and Jonathan. You and the baby are in my prayers! Love you!

Amy

Oh, I remember those first flutters... and not knowing if you're REALLY feeling the baby... How exciting!!

And just a little tidbit of advice... Go ahead and register for the next car seat up from the carrier... you'll need it before you know it! Someone gave me that piece of advice before I was even pregnant and I remembered it. Turned out I started using the bigger car seat at 4 months when Jonathan got too long for the carrier! Just a thought...

Anonymous

According to wives tales, a heartbeat that speed indicates a girl...hmmm, could be. But then Eli's heartbeat was that fast and he is definitely no girl. I'm loving this blog and hearing about everything that's going on. I'm so excited for you. I'll see you in a few days.

Krista

I love reading about your updates. I wish you both the best and am so happy for both of you! Love ya!

Post a Comment