Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

17 Weeks & 5 Days Pregnant

Just wanted to give an update on what's been going on in our lives over the last couple of days. I feel like I am about to hit a "growth spurt". :) Since Friday, I have been experiencing aches and pains in my stomach, side, and back. Sometimes they come and go, sometimes they linger around for hours, like last night. So, being the worry wart that I am, I called my OB this morning and talked to the nurse. I described everything to her and told her that yesterday the cramping started at 4p.m. and lasted through the night, still lingering somewhat today. After answering several of her questions, she told me to take some Tylenol and roll on! :) Guess that's what I wanted to hear, but now I am thinking, "Grow already so this uncomfortable stuff can pass!" I think since this is my first go-around, I don't know how I'm supposed to feel, so I worry about every little twinge of anything different.

We are literally counting down the days until we find out the sex of this baby! (it's 10 counting today). I would love to hear your comments or predictions! Jonathan and I do not have a feeling. I have had 2 dreams about this baby. The first was the birth =girl, the second was the ultrasound day=girl. Don't know if that is some kind of preminition or not. Guess we will see in 10 days.

I am very ready for spring weather to come and STAY! This rain is becoming annoying. Plus, if we have many more winter days I am going to have to leave the house wrapped in a blanket, because I refuse to buy winter maternity clothes! Some of our close friends had a baby on Saturday, Madison Grace Dalby arrived 5 weeks early. She is doing good, but I'm pretty sure her mother wasn't expecting her to be born when it was 40 degrees outside! Oh the joys of Arkansas weather. I love it, and hate it at the same time.

Hope today finds you and yours well, I will be posting next Thursday, so keep watch for that exciting entry! Talk soon, Rachel

4 comments:

Amy

Thanks for the update! And just keep on keepin' on! During my pregnancy, I can't even tell you how many times my mother told me... "This too shall pass!" At some level it was comforting... and then sometimes I just wasn't in the mood... ;) But it was all worth it in the end!!!

Krista

Carole and I were just talking about this at lunch on Sunday and I told her that I "think" it is a girl! Maybe we are on to something. You have a ton of wonderful support, but if you need 1 more, you know where I am at. Love ya!

Kevin Koone

I'm thinking it's a boy!!!

Alyssa

My gut is boy, don't know why! Guess we will find out in a couple days :)

Post a Comment