Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Thursday, April 16, 2009

King Tut's Tomb-20 Weeks Pregnant

I was informed last night that because of my mound of pillows that now accompany me in my sleep, my hubby believes he is sleeping next to King Tut's Tomb. :) I felt that was a phrase to be coined for my next entry. Boy how life changes when you are pregnant. Yes, I have always been a "flip-flopper" while I sleep, but comfort is HARD these days and I still have 19 weeks to go! I have found that a pillow for your legs and one for your belly is what helps me rest and I have actually been sleeping well, minus all the bathroom breaks. (hope I'm not treading on that line of too much information).

I am thoroughly enjoying feeling our boy move daily now. Last night was a big moment, Jonathan felt him move for the first time! It seems everytime I tell him, "Oh, come quick, he's moving," that rascal stops right when his daddy puts his hand on my belly! So, last night, as we were watching American Idol, I told Jonathan to just keep his hand on my belly for a while. He had been constantly thumping around in there. I have to say, I will cherish Jonathan's face when he looked over at me and said, "I felt him!" It was sweet and something not to be forgotten.

Names, oh names........
Lots of people ask if we have picked a name yet. We have a middle name, Thomas, Jonathan's middle name. We have narrowed the first name picks down to three. Believe it when I say, no one is more ready to have this boy named more than ME! And yes, we will tell everyone when we figure it out ourselves! We rotate calling him one of the 3, just to see how it sounds, feels, etc. This truly is a stresser for me! It will happen soon!

Updates on the boy:
He is 7 inches long, arms & legs in proportion (and we think from his pictures he may have long arms & legs like me!)

2 comments:

Anonymous

That is so fun. I loved it when David was able to feel the baby kick. It's like he was finally able to be involved in the pregnancy. Sleeping does start to get really hard. Toward the end it was pretty rough and I apparently snored like a mack truck. Oh well, it's all worth it in the end. I'm loving watching you grow in your pics. I'm glad you are a more consistent blogger than I am.

Amy

How exciting! I slept with a body pillow when I was pregnant... best. thing. ever!

Post a Comment