Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Friday, May 8, 2009

All That Baby Stuff!

We had a checkup yesterday. I have just completed 23 weeks and everything looks good! I knew there was some growing going on, because I measured 3 1/2 cm bigger than last time. That was exciting! When Dr. Deed used the doppler to find my heartbeat, I guess he didn't like the noise from the doppler and proceeded to kick at it. We all laughed, because right in the middle of the whoosh of the heartbeat you hear a big ole' THUMP!

Man, I know a baby requires a lot of stuff, but we went to register after our appointment, and I have to say that at times we were overwhelmed. 500 types of bottles, pacifiers, play pens, swings, crib sheets, bathtubs, etc, etc, etc. We went to Babies R Us first, then to supper at On the Border (yum!), and then to Target. We plan to go to Pickles & Ice Cream also. Its a little boutique baby shop on Rodney Parham that has some neat unique stuff.

On a different note, Congratulations to Kris Allen on making it to the top 3 of American Idol. He is our own, from Conway, and a part of New Life Church. We have been watching Idol to see his success. He is in AR this weekend doing concerts in LR and Conway. Being the nerd I am, I kinda wanted to go to his LR concert today at lunch, but probably won't end up doing it. Hope he continues to do well. Go Kris!

Baby facts for the week: he weighs 1 1/2 lbs., face almost formed with a full set of eyelashes and eyebrows, he is the size of a standard letter you mail :)
Happy Mother's Day to all!

1 comments:

Tera Floyd

It can be overwhelming! You will get it all figured out! I can say the best advice on what to get has come from friends that have just had babies. They can tell you what they wasted money on and what was worth every dime. You and Jonathon are going to be great parents!

Post a Comment