Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Sunday, May 31, 2009

What a Whirlwind!

The past two weeks have been absolutely crazy! We have been trying to get all of our "traveling" in by the end of May and it just so happened that we did it all in 2 WEEKS! :) It was all fun, but I am truly ready to settle down and get Dylan's room ready for him. Here is a run down of what's been going on with us.....

"When the Sun Goes Down We'll Be Groovin..."
We went to see Kenny Chesney May16 with Kevin and Susan Koone. Lady Antebellum and Miranda Lambert opened up for him. We had great seats, 14 rows up from the floor (thanks Aunt Linda!). It was INCREDIBLY loud, but a fun place to be for almost 4 hours.


Sun, Sand, and Shopping!
We took our annual beach trip with Jonathan's family a little early this year. I guess that is my fault, but it was nice because we seemed to beat the normal summer rush. The group was: Jonathan and myself, his parents, his Aunt Judy, and the Leckbee's (basically more family). We did most of our "sunning" on the back deck of our house because the wind down on the beach caused huge sandblasts that didn't feel to good while we were trying to layout. Our top 4 restaurants in Gulf Shores: 1)Bahama Bob's 2) The Hangout 3) Sea n Suds 4)The Beach Club (where we ate before we got engaged, kinda dressy, awesome food). We ate great food, and bought WAY TOO MUCH stuff for Dylan!

Dinner at the Hangout

Yes, the maternity tankini exists, it is what it is. :)

Jonathan & his dad on the golf course

Photo shoot on the beach

Starting 26th week (5/21/09)

The result of a)1st baby b)Outlet shopping in Gulf Shores

"Who Loves You Pretty Baby..."

After returning from Gulf Shores on Saturday, I left on Tuesday to fly to Atlanta to visit my childhood friend, Janell Stewart. We have been friends since we were 3 years old! She moved to Atlanta 8 years ago, and this is the second time I've been to see her. We realized we both love the Broadway show Jersey Boys:The Story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. I got to see the show in NYC soon after it opened 4 years ago, and now its touring the U.S. She asked me to come see it, and we went Wednesday night with her mom to the show. Great show, great 2nd row seats, great fun! I enjoyed the laid back trip and came home on Thursday.

Janell thought she should be "preggers" too!

Outside Fox Theatre after seeing Jersey Boys

Back to Reality...
Now its time to kick things in gear and get ready for Dylan. The room will be painted the beginning of this week, and the crib should be here this week as well. I can tell he is growing and getting longer, because now when he moves it happens on both sides of my belly button! Its so much fun to see him wiggling around in there! I guess that is all for now. I am in my 27th week and still feeling good. My hips occasionally get sore at night, so that lets me know its time for another visit to my chiropractor. Oh what a saving grace that is for me! Hope this hasn't been too overwhelming. I was way overdue on a post! Enjoy the sunny days of summer! :)

1 comments:

Amy

Good to catch up! Thanks for writing!!

Post a Comment