Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's Official!

Dylan Thomas Rogers will arrive with a name in tow!
We made it official yesterday by sending out a text message to a few family and friends. We figured once again, they can do the rest by sharing with others. So why this name? Thomas is Jonathan's middle name, and we just liked Dylan. We used it for several weeks between the two of us, and it just fits! :)

I am beginning my 25th week of pregnancy and this week, Dylan will weigh in at 1 1/2 pounds! He is 9 inches long, and is beginning to take practice "breaths." His vocal cords are functioning now, leading to occasional hiccups.

We leave for the beach on Sunday morning and WE CAN'T WAIT! I am excited to do some outlet shopping for Dylan. They have Gymboree, Gap Kids, Children's Place, Polo, etc. It could get ugly! :)

We have quite the busy month of May. After that, we will be home bound as I tell people "for a LONG time!" That is just fine with us, we couldn't be more thrilled!

3 comments:

Tera Floyd

I LOVE the name!!!

Amy

The name is great! Congrats on making it official! Jon and I were never able to decided until we were at the hospital!! haha

Anonymous

Hey, I just went to check out your registry to see if there were any suggestions I could give you. You guys did a great job! Seems like you thought of a lot of things we didn't. I'm guessing you already have a stroller? I would register for a rain cover for it and I would go ahead and register for a smaller stroller for when Dylan gets bigger. They are much easier to maneuver. Also, I would consider the diaper champ over the diaper genie. I've never used the diaper genie so I don't really know it's merits. But the diaper champ uses regular bags instead of having to buy special bags and it is super easy to use. Ours started getting stinky after about a year so we just left it when we moved and bought a new one when we got here. But it only costs $25 so even buying two it was still cheaper than a diaper genie and the bags. But that's just a couple of things to consider. Take them for what they're worth. I can't wait to shop for you. I'm so excited. I'm also super excited about seeing you soon! Have a great beach trip!

Post a Comment