Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Place to Call Home

Well, Dylan officially has a place to call his own. His nursery is complete, as well as his "corner" of our bedroom where I have a feeling he will stay for a while. :) Even with all of these "things" in place, we hope to makes Dylan's HOME not the place but the feeling of two parents that love him unconditionally and want the best for him. I was the productive mommy yesterday morning and I put together the pack-n-play to leave in the den. I also moved the swing into the den and put it in a spot that I can see from the kitchen as well. He will be here in 4 weeks! Wow! I have been working on packing my bag which caused me to become a little nervous about all of this. Not nervous in a bad way, just a nervous/real smack in the face that this IS HAPPENING! We have truly been anxiously awaiting this baby for quite some time and feel blessed to be able to have him in our lives. I thank God everyday for giving us the opportunity to become parents this way and for blessing us with Dylan. I am pretty excited to see if our little boy has any characteristics that look like me because even though many say I look like my dad (which I kinda do) being adopted means I don't have that sibling that shares my physical characteristics. I don't ever think about that because my life is and has always been complete just the way it is. Since birth, my parents have been just that, MY parents, and I love the fact that I am adopted. I just think it will be cool to have a little one whose truly part of my biological makeup. That may be a hard thing for anyone to comprehend except those lucky individuals out there that are adopted. Just something I thought about and wanted to share. Here are a few pictures of the nursery and Dylan's "corner" of our room.




Vintage storybook pages printed on canvases: above his cribABC Cross-stitch my grandma made for me; my old toy box w/ a new paint job Changing tableI stenciled his monogram above the chest
Rockin'&Readin' corner; my grandpa built the book rack:)
Dylan's "corner" of our bedroom

My grandpa built this cradle and all 3 of my nephews used it!


We had our 36 week check up today. Dylan has made his "flip" in the right direction. Yeah! Dr. Deed said everything was good and I was making a little progress towards the big day, not much, but a small step in the right direction. That's all we needed to hear! We go back in one week!



36 weeks complete! (8-6-09)

0 comments:

Post a Comment