Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Let me hold you longer.

For whatever reason, here lately I've been really taking note of the things my kiddos are doing. I know these moments are fleeting, and I don't want to forget the daily silly things they do, how they sound, or how full my life is with two little boys.

I read a great article about what it means to be a boy mom. It talked about how much those little boys adore and love you, but how they will also be tall, strong men one day. I will try to link it into the post later. 

So here are a few things that are "us" right now that I want to remember:

Dylan,
You love super heroes. You love Avengers, Spider-Man, Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, and knights. You love to turn into these characters and I love your imagination. And your brother is right there on your coat tails. 

You LOVE to swim. You are doing it all by yourself. You can dive down and get rings in the shallow end. You are perfecting your cannon ball and pencil jump off the diving board. 
You enjoy Bible class. You ask so many questions about heaven, God, and Bible characters. You really love reading about Moses right now. You tell me that you love me all the way to God and back. I love your zest for the Truth. 
You are a leader. You like to take charge. Karate is magnifying these traits. You are learning discipline and fine tuning your manners. You love karate and have asked us if you can take it until you are a black belt. I love that you discovered something YOU love!
You love to read. You love time with just "me". You love to cut, color, and glue. We have worked some this summer on your letter sounds. You know a few of them. You love to learn. You are excited to go to Pre-K 4 next week! 
I love you. My oldest son. My almost 5 year old. My tender hearted, energy oozing, sweet boy!

Caleb, 
You are the ham to our family sandwich. You are funny. You make us laugh each and every day! 
You love to play make-believe with your brother. You "ride" trucks to vacation. You play "I'm the Daddy" games with Dylan. You both have started playing so well together and it's fun to watch. This was "don't fall off into the crocodiles" and "Daddy save me" this morning!  And you usually create the scenes!
You are becoming more of a Daddy's boy. You still love me but you want to play games and be silly with Daddy!
Ever since we lived through yard construction at our house, I've rocked you for a nap. It was too loud for you to go to sleep on your own and now you really prefer it that way. I've really been enjoying it. 
Diggers, dozers, dumpers. Your happy place. Oh how you love all things construction. You want to "wide" (ride) everything you see. 
I love to her you say:
That's my "fwav-wite" (favorite). 
"Lot of em"
"Efalant" (elephant)
"I luuu shoo" (I love you)
"Dy-wan"
"I can twy (try)!"
In a few short months you will be 3. We've started talking about your big boy bed and you asked me this morning, "do I get my big boy bed today?"
I love you to the moon and back, my funny, cuddly, soft hearted Caleby!







0 comments:

Post a Comment