Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Saturday, August 9, 2014

San Diego {Day 8: Afternoon & 9}

{Day 8: Afternoon at the Beach}
We spent the entire afternoon at the beach per Dylan's request.  We walked down the cliff right by our house to a little private area of Tourmaline beach.  The Surf Park looked pretty packed so we opted for the road less traveled.  Do you ever have those moments that as they happen you say, "I never want to forget this?" This afternoon was one of those moments for me.  I loved hearing Caleb belly laugh as the waves crashed into him. I loved watching Dylan smile from ear to ear when he finally got the hang of the boogie board.  I took a few videos so that I could always have those memories physically present.  I will let the pictures tell our story....
The Pacific is definitely different than the Atlantic.  It's not quite as warm ;), the sand is darker, and there was a lot of seaweed.  But we didn't have marine life up close to the shore, and I fell in love with looking over and seeing the cliffs almost like they were rising up out of the water.  It has character, a different kind of beauty.  
My favorite photo from the boys at the beach.  Dylan grabbed Caleb's hand and told him that he would help guide him into the waves.  I thank God that they have each other.  
{Day 9: Headed Home}
Caleb snagged the window seat for our trip home.  Both boys were the greatest of travelers.  On our way home, Jonathan said, "I think this has been our best "4 of us" trip yet.  I couldn't agree more.  SoCal, we will see you again. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment