Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Raising Two ADVENTURERS to Love Jesus

Thursday, August 7, 2014

San Diego {Day 1&2}

This was our first time to the Golden State of California.  We rented a house in La Jolla through VRBO on Chelsea St. which is literally across the street from the ocean.  We could see the ocean from the 2nd and 3rd floors of our house.  We had a good 'ole Arkansas laugh because we texted the owners when we got there that the A/C was broke.  We learned that NO ONE that lives on the coast in San Diego has air!  We opened all the windows and slept with the folding doors open each night.  It was an adjustment, but at least I can say I could get VERY used to that way of life!  I still would like some A/C for some back up though.  Jonathan's parents went with us.  We had not vacationed with them in several years.  It was so great having them with us for the week!

{Day 1: Travel} July 24, 2014
Caleb's first flight!
 As we took off this is the face I got.....priceless.
 We had a longer layover in Dallas than expected.  But the boys kept busy with some Candy Crush.
Dallas to San Diego was naptime.  I won't lie, I prayed that this would happen.  It did and he slept until the last 15 minutes of the flight.  He woke up screaming, "I want off the plane!"  He screamed until we landed and got off.  I honestly thought his ears were hurting.  That is what he told me "mid" screaming fit.  He later told his Pawpaw he was "just throwing a fit".  Oh that child.  He's comical.  We made it!
We stopped for dinner at the Burger Lounge before heading to our house.  It was great and I realized right then and there that I was going to fall in love with SoCal weather. 
{Day 2: Beach/Golf}
We went to Tourmaline Beach Friday morning.  It's a surf park and was loaded with surfers in the water.  We all enjoyed watching them.  The actual beach was not crowded at all, so the boys played for a while in the waves and building sand castles.  Caleb only wanted to build them so he could immediately crash them down.  


 He wasn't very sure about the waves.  He needed someone right there with him.
 Joy...
 Fun with my eldest boy.  His zest for life is astounding!

 The boys played Torrey Pines that afternoon.  They both said it was a fun course to play.
After naps for all, we picked the boys up from the golf course and went to dinner at Alfonso's of La Jolla.  It was recommended by my cousin, Amy Carper, that grew up in La Jolla.  It was the BEST Mexican food I have ever had.  It was so very authentic.  We all raved all week about that meal!
The boys finished the day with some chocolate cake!

0 comments:

Post a Comment